the holiday + gpoy
Hot Chocolate With Peppermint
- 1 quart skim milk or 1 quart 2% low-fat milk or 1 quart milk or 1 quart half-and-half
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 ounces peppermint schnapps (more or less to taste)
- whipped cream, for serving
- 6 peppermint stick candy, for serving
- Heat 1 cup of the milk in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Add chocolate, stirring constantly, until melted.
- When the chocolate has melted, increase heat to medium and add the remainder of the milk while whisking rapidly. Do not allow to boil.
- Serve in small cups fortified with a jigger (1 1/2 ounces) of peppermint schnapps and a dollop of whipped cream.
- Add a peppermint stick to stir.
- If transporting in a thermos, heat thermos up with hot water to get it warm for 1 minute. Pour water out and fill with hot chocolate.
"Their chemistry is real. I love working with Emily. I don’t think that my character had cracked a smile before episode 3 when I saw her and… She’s the only person that I get to be myself with in front of. That’s really a lovely thing for Oliver. And…I enjoy that people on the internet have their Oliver/Felicity love. I like that a lot."
Stephen ‘Captain Olicity’ Amell.
This is adorable, he’s clearly captain of the Olicity ship.
1. DON’T - do that.
2. DO - not do that.